Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Luis Enrique wants to continue after the elections

Asked about his future at Barcelona now that his contract expires at the end of the current season, Barcelona Atlètic coach Luis Enrique has said in an interview with the club's official media that he would prefer to renew his contract:

"I would like to stay here, I would like to continue at Barça Atlètic. Yes, definitely. But we can expect that the club will have a spring and a summer with a lot of the movements. There will be a change in the presidency and we'll see what happens.

I signed for two years and I am delighted to have signed them. I'm about to come to the end of that but I'm not worried at all. When the season will have ended, we'll see how far we've come and what we have achieved. The challenge has been attractive enough to forget about any possible personal matters.

If after that, I would have the opportunity to continue coaching here, that would be wonderful. If it's not here, I can do it elsewhere, that would also be a good solution. If I don't have offers, that would also be fine and I could take a holiday. So it's something that doesn't bother me at all. Now, if you ask me: 'What would you like to do?' Well, I would like to continue."

Read more:
New president should ratify renewal Guardiola
Godall wants Txiki Begiristian to continue
Xavi and Puyol on the elections

4 comments:

  1. Pep, do you know what does Luis Enrique mean by "forgetting about any possible personal matters"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, chris, but I don't think there's anything club-related behind that. I might guess maybe the fact that he has less time for his family now that he's a coach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I thought it's club-related but you're right, it's probably family-related.

    Anyway I hope he'll continue at Barça Atlètic but it's a little bit strange that the club didn't renewed his contract yet. I understand that the renewals of the first team players, first team coach and reserve team players are more important but I don't think his case would be complicated (unlike Guardiola's). It could be solved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They might first want to hear what the non-board presidential candidates have to say about a possible renewal.

    I will try to ask Sandro Rosell a question about Luis Enrique at his 'twitter chat' tonight.

    ReplyDelete