Saturday, January 23, 2010

Guixa wants three sports directors

Asked if he will bring with him another sports director if he's elected president, Barcelona presidential candidate Jaume Guixà has said in an interview with Catalan radio station Catalunya Ràdio that he won't count on current Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain:

"I have already publicly said that I respect the whole technical staff of Pep and that I won't continue with Txiki. Txiki has to leave together with Laporta. I don't want someone who follows the results of the games by teletext [television information retrieval service], who can't sign players, who isn't up for the job.

We need an alternative and that's very clear to me. I liked him a lot as player, but not as sports director. Do I have a candidate? Yes, but since the elections haven't been called yet, I cannot give you any names.

And it won't be one person, we will organize things in such a way that we will have three sports directors. Because the structure of the club has to develop further, and one of our focuses will be the youth academy."


Read more:
Son "Great Captain" Segarra in board team Guixa
Godall wants Txiki Begiristian to continue
Guixa won't make transfer promises

No comments:

Post a Comment