Thursday, November 12, 2009

The resignation letter of vice-president Franquesa

Barcelona vice-president Joan Franquesa resigned from his post yesterday (read more here).

Below you find the translation of the resignation letter he handed yesterday to Barcelona president Joan Laporta.



Dear Jan,

I still recall the moment, in 2003, when you asked me to help and to take part in the project that you had started off after you became president of Barça. In 2005, you offered me to become a director. This fulfilled a dream and made me very happy as a Barcelona fan and son of Barcelona fans.

Today I can proudly say that we have done a very good job. Personally I think that I have contributed decisively to push forward assets issues of great strategic value for FC Barcelona. You know that I have spared no time or effort and that I have given my all.

As we discussed recently, I am unable to continue devoting the time to the club that, according to my sense of responsibility, I think a director of FC Barcelona should. The changes in my personal and professional life now require all my attention. I appreciate that in recent days you have tried to find solutions to allow me to continue at the club. But you know me… At this moment, my priorities are my recently enlarged family and my company.

Therefore, I formally present you my resignation as director of FC Barcelona, which I ask you to pass on to the rest of the colleagues in the Board of Directors.

I am aware that my resignation could be used and misinterpreted. That is why I want to reiterate that I fully share the model that has been in place since 2003, that idea of revolution, with identitarian values... Time has proven us right and I hope that the current model will be continued beyond 2010.

You will always be able to count on my affection, my gratitude and my most sincere friendship.

We will always have Paris, Rome, the 2-6... In a word, the satisfaction of having contributed to the best Barça in history.

Joan Franquesa i Cabanas

Barcelona, November 11th, 2009

* I don't mind at all that you make this letter public, if you think this is convenient.


Read more:
Vice-president Joan Franquesa resigns
Barcagate (6) - The vice-presidents talk (part 2)



No comments:

Post a Comment