Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Godall will not resign after withdrawing candidacy

Asked about the rumours that he could leave the board of directors after Barcelona president Joan Laporta and the majority of the board gave their support to vice-president Jaume Ferrer, which led him to withdraw his candidacy, Barcelona first vice-president Alfons Godall has said in an interview with Barcelona news site Eleccionsfcb that he will stay:

"No, I won't resign. I don't think it would be worth it since there are only two months left and it would unnecessarily cause another upset. What is not yet clear to me is if I will return to the presidential box, I don't yet feel like it... I lived a bad experience, but that's life!"

Read more:
Godall withdraws his campaign for the presidency
Sala i Martin to stay on until end of term
Laporta confirms board support for Ferrer

1 comment:

  1. poor guy. i thought sala said godall always stood by laporta? if so, they could have just asked him to withdraw his candidacy instead of putting him out to dry. tsk.

    ReplyDelete