Monday, April 12, 2010

Soriano awaiting election events

Asked if he could be part of a candidacy in the elections for president of FC Barcelona, former Barcelona economic vice-president Ferran Soriano has repeated in an interview with Catalan radio station Catalunya Ràdio that he cannot exclude the option:

"I haven't planned that, but anything can happen. What I can tell you is that it won't be me who will set up that candidacy.

Things are changing rapidly these days and a candidacy can be set up quickly. In the elections of 2003, I was campaign director and we presented the candidacy on 14 May, while the elections were on 15 June, so only one month before.


I have already said this several times but I promise that I will certainly participate. And participating means that at the least I will give my opinion because I have learnt a lot during my time at Barça and I might return to the club one day. Now, in six years or in twelve years.

Do I have a favourite candidate? No, because there aren't candidates yet, only pre-candidates and we need to wait and see until people explain what they want to do. The feeling I have is that people are waiting for an candidacy of tranquility, an option that isn't agressive, isn't rough but is calm, which is what Barça needs.

Maybe in 2003 the club needed something else, a kind of revolution, but now the club needs tranquility, normal people who don't want to be in the centre of the media attention, who don't criticize just to criticize. And I hope there will be a candidate that will deserve my support."

Read more:
Soriano confirms he won't run for president
Former vice-president Ingla will run for president
Candidacies carrying out polls

No comments:

Post a Comment