Saturday, March 20, 2010

Majorcan Miquel Pou running for president

Speaking at a press conference on the island of Majorca last week, Miquel Pou has announced that he will be a candidate in the elections for president of FC Barcelona that will be held in June. Pou defines himself as 'the people's candidate'.

Being a candidate. "People falsely think that to be the president of Barça, you need to be a property developer or a multimillionaire. I don't believe that because I don't know any president who has put one euro of his own money into the club."

The signatures and the bank guarantee. "It will be complicated. Everything will depend on a good campaign, looking for support and using the new technologies like the internet. Regarding the money, that should come from all those who support this candidacy."

Support and campaign. "I'm very well-knowm among the Barça club members on the isle of Majorca and I've planned to go to Barcelona in April to campaign. In fact, I will travel there as many times as is necessary for people to get to know me."

Sports area. "I don't want to talk about signings because that's not ethical. The sports director will be chosen by the coach to avoid differences between them."

Economic area. "I will count on a team of professionals."

Match time. "I will negotiate with the televisions so that the games of Barcelona are played before 8 pm. If it's later, the people from outside Catalonia are forced to spend the night in Barcelona and that's very expensive."

Alliances. "At this moment, I'm not considering to join another candidacy. I'm only thinking about getting as far as possible. If things don't work out, we can still talk about it later."

Miquel Pou is an employee of the University of the Balearic Islands. The 44-years old Majorcan is vice-president of a Barcelona fan club he co-founced in 2003 and of which he was the president for five years. Pou is also responsible of the social area of Spanish fourth division club Atlètic Balears.

Read more:
Francesc Mane will run for president
Llaurado to announce candidacy at last minute
Molins rejects offer to lead Minguella-Medina project

No comments:

Post a Comment