Saturday, October 24, 2009

Laporta: "Sala as president would be an honour"

Barcelona president Joan Laporta gave in July an interview to Catalan newspaper Avuí and talked about which board member could succeed him in next year's presidential elections.


You want to impose a successor.
I don't like to impose, I like to convince.

Xavier Sala.
I would want that he who succeeds me maintains the same ideology, and that his personality and his knowledge give relevance to the presidency of Barça. Someone who is recognized in his professional life. There are several people like that in the board.

With colourful jackets you cannot be the president of Barça.
It would be an honour for Barça to have a professor at Columbia university as president. That's the spirit that makes us great.

Related posts:
Sala i Martin: "I'm not too smart to be president"
Cartoon: Laporta putting successor in trouble


interview: salvador sostres

No comments:

Post a Comment