Thursday, October 29, 2009

Son of former president denies election involvement

Asked if he would be part of a candidacy for the next presidential elections, Marc Carrasco, son of former Barcelona interim president Raimon Carrasco (1977-1978), denied this rumour in an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo:

"Nobody has called me."

On Saturday 3 October, Carrasco resigned as a member of Barcelona's social commission, which was made public by him earlier this week through a press release that said: "I've in all honesty thought that I had to leave and that's what I did. I've accepted the honour, the invaluable privilege, to join the club for the same reasons that made me decide to leave."

Speaking to El Mundo Deportivo, Carrasco clarified his statements a little more: "There are internal reasons that lead me to make this decision, something I have been thinking about for months. I leave disappointed because the current club model isn't the same as the one that was defended when I joined the social commission in April of 2004."

Related posts:
Who will be the next president of FC Barcelona?
Introducing Benedito (2): The man, the culé

No comments:

Post a Comment