Sunday, December 20, 2009

Vice-president Perrin confirms candidacy Ferrer

Asked about the recent report that Barcelona vice-president Jaume Ferrer will run for president in next year's elections (read more here), Barcelona institutional vice-president Albert Perrín has suggested in an interview with Catalan radio stations RAC 1 and Catalunya Ràdio that the information that was published is correct:

"The report was published by a paper that is serious enough to give the news credibility. I didn't talk with Jaume since the publication but I know he wants to head a candidacy. I'm supporting him but I think that within the board there are several people who are capable of continuing this project that started in 2003. But it's a fact that I think that Jaume would be a good candidate.

I think that when we return from Abu Dhabi, the board will have some days to sit down and talk, which was what the president wanted. Now this news has come out. I don't think that's something bad, it puts things in their place. What I nevertheless still would want is to make one united board candidacy."

Speaking to Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo, that brought the news earlier this week (read more here), Perrín was more clear and explicitly confirmed that Ferrer would run: "You are well-informed. I have nothing to rectify about what has been published. So yes, it's correct that I will be part of a candidacy that will be lead by Jaume Ferrer.

We hope to be able to formally present our candidacy after the World Cup for Clubs and before Epiphany [6 January], but it will be up to Jaume to officially decide that. I didn't yet talk with him since the report came out and it wouldn't be elegant from my part to already say things that should be announced by him.

I can only confirm that I will join him, that the names that have been mentioned by 'El Mundo Deportivo' are 100 percent correct and that we're open to other incorporations. Our candidacy is not yet finalized, far from it. It's open to all Barcelona people within or outside the board who want to join in, who want to be part of our ideas and philosophy."

El Mundo Deportivo claims that it seems as if Barcelona first vice-president Alfons Godall and Barcelona treasurer Xavier Sala i Martín won't be part of the list of Ferrer and that former Barcelona economic vice-president Ferran Soriano wouldn't join in either because he reportedly has other plans.

Read more:
Jaume Ferrer will run for president
Talks on board candidate to start in December
Barcagate (8) - The Ferrer report

picture: albert perrín (left) and jaume ferrer (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment